Search for atmospheres
All summer in a day by Ray Bradbury - Kids playing outside
All summer in a day
The children, too jealous that Margot's seen the sun to believe her, lock her in a closet. The rain stops outside, & the children gleefully play while there's no rain. There's a mood of unease because while the class is happily playing the reader knows that Margot is still trapped in the closet, as the text says "'She’s still in the closet where we locked her'." A possible theme is to not let jealousy lead you to treat others poorly.
Comments for "All summer in a day"
License details for "All summer in a day"
Creative Commons Sampling Plus 1.0 License.
List of audio files used:
- Kids playing by By Corsica from www.freesound.org +)
- Children playing in yard by goldkelchen from http://freesound.org +)
- Door Knocking Angry by Hans Wurst +)
- Light rain 2 by RHumphries from http://freesound.org +)
- Pre thunderstorm by RHumphries from http://freesound.org +)
- knocking by unknown +)