Search for atmospheres
There's a storm brewing
The days of summer have been brutal. The sweltering heat, like a fiery furnace, smothers you and sometimes makes it difficult to breathe. But as August rolls around, dark clouds begin to billow on the horizon. The monsoons are coming, and you welcome them in like an old friend. Without warning, the sky grows dark. The wind kicks up dirt in great plumes called dust devils. There's an electricity in the air. Lightning slices through the sky like shimmering white veins. Quickly, people find shelter indoors. Don't worry about them, you're already safe in your comfortable adobe home. You slice up some limes, pour a shot of reposado and knock it back, then watch completely fascinated as a wall of rain envelops the land. The smell of wet dirt instantly fills your nose and the pitter patter of rain outside puts you into a hypnotic trance. Sit back, embrace the southwest and don't forget the tequila!
Comments for "There's a storm brewing"
License details for "There's a storm brewing"
Creative Commons Sampling Plus 1.0 License.
List of audio files used:
- Wheat in Wind by alexbird from http://www.freesound.org +)
- Desert wind1 by ERH from freesound.org +)
- Brown Noise by reaktorplayer from http://www.freesound.org/ +)
- Distant rolling thunder by RHumphries from http://freesound.org +)
- Light thunder, right to center by RHumphries from http://freesound.org +)
- Thunder by Soundbible.com +)
- wind howling by soundsnap.com *)
- wind blow in the trees by www.soundsnap.com *)
*) Soundsnap.com license